This time of year is perfect for staying indoors and cosying up on the sofa with hot chocolate and a movie. There are just so many festive films that come on television during December, but I always find there are a handful that I find myself watching again and again every year! Here they are (in no particular order):
1. Home Alone - this is one that I have watched every year since the age of four. It's such a classic - the first one is definitely a favourite but I know they've made three more since. Any one would be a great festive choice as they are all set around the Christmas period.
2. Bridget Jones's Diary - this one only became a tradition a few years back. I love Colin Firth in the BBC's adaptation of Pride and Prejudice and the trailer caught my eye. I fell in love with the movie after first watch (as I'm sure many have), so since then, I make sure to watch it!
3.The Wizard of Oz - this one comes on every year and I circle it in the TV guide to watch. It's an old movie but it's brilliant, very true to the original tale and perfectly depicted on the screen. Well worth a watch if you're into the fairy tale type of movie.
4. Jingle All The Way - this is one that I actually first saw in July! It felt odd watching such a festive film in the summer when it was sweltering hot outside... But I enjoyed it very much. It follows the building of a stronger relationship between a father and son over the simple task of buying a Christmas present. Such a feel good movie.
5. Elf - I watch this when I need a laugh. Will Ferell is amazing in anything that he does but this one is truly exceptional. If I was to pick a favourite from these six, this movie would take the crown for sure.
6. Mean Girls - there are many reasons why this is so popular... But I think this movie holds a special place for me as I can remember when it first came out. It does have a Christmassy scene in it (we all know Regina George's famous Jingle Bell Rock dance), but this one is mainly for the sentiment and the laughs.
4. Jingle All The Way - this is one that I actually first saw in July! It felt odd watching such a festive film in the summer when it was sweltering hot outside... But I enjoyed it very much. It follows the building of a stronger relationship between a father and son over the simple task of buying a Christmas present. Such a feel good movie.
5. Elf - I watch this when I need a laugh. Will Ferell is amazing in anything that he does but this one is truly exceptional. If I was to pick a favourite from these six, this movie would take the crown for sure.
6. Mean Girls - there are many reasons why this is so popular... But I think this movie holds a special place for me as I can remember when it first came out. It does have a Christmassy scene in it (we all know Regina George's famous Jingle Bell Rock dance), but this one is mainly for the sentiment and the laughs.


i might need to start watching more christmas films... the only one I've seen out of your picks is elf
ReplyDeleteHannah at HNNHVNBLS
Your top six are great! I love a lot of the same ones like Home Alone, Elf and Bridget Jones Diary!
ReplyDeletehttp://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/
Mine would have to be The Grinch x
ReplyDelete